Tuesday 17 March 2020

Maintaining Bible Study


Since I haven't decided what in the Bible to read/study at this point, my attention was particularly caught by a recommendation of one of the devotionals I subscribe to.   Now there's a possibility I thought! 

Soon I found myself clicking on a link which led to another link, 
   to a blog, 
        a podcast, 
            a video, 
                 art to download and 
                         options and so on and so on.
 
I felt completely overwhelmed by choices and that led to making no decision at all. Also I realized that in the length of time I had spent toiling through the pretty memes, and dialog boxes, and all the words and marketing blather, I could have read several chapters if I'd just opened my old printed Bible in the first place!  

J. Hudson Taylor, the founder of the China Inland Mission, was truly God's chosen servant. Yet, even he found that the hardest part of the Christian life was to maintain regular, prayerful Bible study. "Satan will always find you something to do," he would say, "when you ought to be occupied about that, if it is only arranging a window blind."

These days he might have ended with this instead--

.....If it is only finding your fingers occupied by linking or online searching... 



[If you are receiving this due to subscribing via your email, you can go to the address below to see the blog in its published form, make a comment or view previous posts.  Thanks for reading my reflections. Velma.]



No comments: